Welcome

I believe that history and heritage are valuable, and that gentility among people is still the "currency of the realm." I believe in the solid principles that have been passed down from generation to generation; that there is value in a man's word, that there is goodness in the hearts of all men, and that a knowledge of the woods, fields, lakes, rivers, oceans, and the creatures and crops we find there, makes us better stewards of God's amazing earth!

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

A Bittersweet Christmas (but mostly sweet)


Today was a bittersweet Christmas...2013 saw our family go through my wife's breast cancer ordeal, our son thrive at a new school, and the loss of a great friend after 16+ years (our beloved cat, Dillinger - Dec. 21st).  All of this made for a day of serious reflection, emotions, and feelings of gratitude.  And quite honestly I believe that's the way Christmas should be!  A reflection of what we've accomplished, how we've acted and what we can take away from the past year as we head into the new one.  I, for one, am more dedicated than ever to being true to my roots, my current family members, my friends, and most importantly to myself and my God!  With that mindset and a desire to do that which I am truly passionate about I believe that Christmas is a wonderful benchmark to re-dedicate myself to all I hold dear and to maintain that focus as I head into 2014.  

So, I thank God for the lessons and blessings of 2013 and ask that I continually be reminded of them so that I may be a better person to those around me and may walk in a more upright fashion in His eyes.

With that said I hope that you all had a wonderful Christmas and I wish you all the best for a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous 2014!

-TNCG-

No comments:

Post a Comment