Welcome

I believe that history and heritage are valuable, and that gentility among people is still the "currency of the realm." I believe in the solid principles that have been passed down from generation to generation; that there is value in a man's word, that there is goodness in the hearts of all men, and that a knowledge of the woods, fields, lakes, rivers, oceans, and the creatures and crops we find there, makes us better stewards of God's amazing earth!

Monday, November 12, 2012

The iScope

Now those of you who know me know that I'm a bit of a conundrum.  I'm a guy who's in the tech field but from a sensibility standpoint was probably born a century too late.  I enjoy tech and all the benefits, but I'm also one that loves shooting sports, lazy days of fishing, slow cooked meals, being a southern gentleman, working in the dirt, my strong Christian faith, making things by hand, etc.  In short, with all the conflicts running around in my head it's really not very easy being me!  Every once in a while, however, a product comes along that bridges the hi-tech / low-tech chasm that I fight to get over every day.

The iScope is one such product.  This little gem allows you to simply line up the optics of your iPhone with the optics of your favorite hunting rifle.  This is too cool!  With this adapter, you simply slide your iPhone into place so that the optic on the back of the phone is peering down the rifle scope...thus, what's being seen through your scope is being displayed back to you on the screen.  It allows for zooming in on a subject or target and (if you want) recording what you see.  It also gives you a "heads up display" type of orientation from which to take your shot.  (I especially like the ability to record).

The beauty of this product is that it's nothing more than an extremely  well thought out adapter (some of the very best ideas are the simplest).  All the functions are already built into the iPhone.  They're just being utilized in a very unique manner...  For hunting!  I'll bet that's one function that the good folks at Apple never thought that their iPhones would be utilized for.  

Anyhow, if you use optics for birdwatching, hunting, spotting, or simply for enjoyment and would like to have a larger field of view, or would like to record what you see directly to your iPhone, be sure to check out the iScope!

Neat idea that even someone that's as conflicted as me can wrap his brain around!



Until Next Time ...

D. Jeffries

No comments:

Post a Comment